9.23.2006

October 1965: THE BEATLES - "Yesterday"



This was the #1 song in America the day I was born. I came out ass-first, which literally ripped my mother open, from stem to stern… “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away…”

As if the physical pain wasn’t enough, when Barb emerged from an anesthetic haze, the nurse introduced her to her brand new baby girl.
BARB: What? I have a girl?
NURSE: Yes you do.
BARB: Does my husband know?
NURSE: Yes he does.
BARB: How’d he take it?
I was supposed to be David Allen.
“Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be…”

See and hear the song.

No comments:

November 1973: HELEN REDDY - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)

I had the biggest crush on a blonde hair, blue eyed boy in my 2nd grade class, Scott Van Seiver. Proximity is what made these feelings so u...