10.15.2006

February 1970: JACKSON 5 - "ABC"



Due to the cockamamie birth deadlines of public schools, I wouldn’t be able to start half-day playtimes (aka kindergarten) in the coming fall. With the public school system already having disappointed her, Barb began teaching me to do some serious reading right around this time. She gave me a head start on a real education; and added another entertainment option into my daily schedule: bigger books!

She got good backup on the education front from this new public television show called Sesame Street. Puppets made learning an adventure, but as I plowed through one Rand McNally after another, I got a bigger kick out of the Jackson 5 reading along with me over the radio.

See and hear the song.
.

No comments:

November 1973: HELEN REDDY - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)

I had the biggest crush on a blonde hair, blue eyed boy in my 2nd grade class, Scott Van Seiver. Proximity is what made these feelings so u...